VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
The placement will focus on the improvement of pre-service teacher training in Ghana. This initiative in the long term seeks to improve education opportunities for girls by strengthening teaching practices in selected schools ; promoting girl-friendly and learning-enabling schools ; and securing better learning outcomes for students.
Skills, qualifications and experience required
To excel in this role you need at least
- a Degree in educational planning, teacher education or other relevant field
- at least 3 years Experience in teacher training
- Experience of managing teams and coordination
- Experience in working in a developing country will be an advantage
- Experience in mentoring and coaching
- Knowledge and experience working in the pre-service teaching training context
How to apply
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description to read more details about the position and the skills and experience we’re looking for. To submit your application, click on ‘Apply now’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Application closing date
31 Mar 2016