VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
- Support the development of Big Sister training curriculum and support materials
- Support the development of information, education and communication (IEC) materials for gender awareness- raising
- Assist with in-depth gender assessment in each of the 48 schools
- Support the development of teacher training on gender dimensions of education
- Work closely with district based IVEs and also with IVE at MoE/DEO’s
Skills, qualifications and experience required
- Strong background in both gender and education
- Experience in gender assessment tools/ application of gender initiatives
- Experience in inclusive education, social work and/or advocacy.
- Experience in designing teacher training manual with the special focus on gender
- Able to coordinate, involve and network with multiple stakeholders.
- Understanding of the position of girls in the developing world.
- Ability to adapt to sudden chances while safeguarding the placement objectives
- Negotiation and other soft skills
- Strong mentoring and coaching skills.
- Ability to motivate and mobilize others.
- Ability to gain understanding of the context of Nepal
- Basic IT knowledge and ability to type and submit reports electronically
How to apply
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description to read more details about the position and the skills and experience we’re looking for. To submit your application, click on ‘Apply now’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Application closing date
31 Mar 2016