As a federal enterprise the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit, GIZ, supports the German Government in achieving its goals in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ contributes to the lasting improvement in the living conditions of people worldwide by posting qualified experts as development advisors in strategic positions.
In order to support district administration in Kigali / Rwanda, the Decentralization and Good Governance Programme (DGG) of GIZ Rwanda is looking for a :
Development Advisor to train employees of Rwandan district administration/
Job-ID : 19832
Area of work
In order to provide targeted training to Rwandan public administrative officials, the idea of a Local Government Institute came up. Now the idea of this institute is becoming a reality, and within the framework of the Local Government Institute you as Development Advisor will counsel the Rwandan Association for Local Government Authorities (RALGA) on the implementation of in-service training courses for employees of district administration. The coordination of this in-service training contributes to existing district capacity building plans.
In your position as Development Advisor you would play an important role in contributing to the goals of the Programme for Decentralization and Good Governance in Rwanda, particularly by ensuring the sustainability of the trainings. You would work hands-on towards the full establishment of the Local Government Institute, helping realise its full potential of offering quality training to many public employees.
- Coordination and ensuring implementation of courses within the framework of the Local Gov-ernment Institute (LGI) in support of the capacity building plans of the district
- Support the marketing and public relations strategy for the training courses and the Local Government Institute (LGI)
- Supervision of the courses supported by GIZ through local subsidies
- Support LGI in the establishment of the Institute’s research and documentation department
- Design formats for the academic processes of LGI and its quality assurance
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in public administration/policy, economics, political science or a related field
- Professional experience of at least 3 years
- Experience in the educational sector and readiness to administer financial subsidies
- Business fluency of the English language and a good knowledge of French
- Regional working and living experience is a bonus
- Driver’s license for class III required
We invite you to be part of an innovative agency, active worldwide in the development field. Highly competent candidates are in high demand in all our interdisciplinary teams. The development service of GIZ offers a comprehensive and attractive service package, which includes a professional and personal preparation period. The contract period is for at least 2 years with the option for contract extension.
Information on prerequisites and services of the Development Service of GIZ
The development service of GIZ welcomes applicants with completed professional education and/or completed studies, with at least 2 year of practical experience in their positions. You must be a citizen of an EU country or Switzerland.
We are looking forward to your online-application, which you start at www.giz.de/entwicklungsdienst/de mentioning the JOB-ID : 19832 or http://j.mp/GIZ19832. At the end of the job-description you may start the application with click at “Jetzt online bewerben”. Please, do not hesitate to contact Mrs. Plotz, Telephone No : 0049-(0)228-4460-1109, E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org.