As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
With the dispatch of qualified specialists as development workers, GIZ contributes to the sustainable improvement of living conditions of people in developing and transition countries
For an assignment as a development worker for the location Fermathe in Haiti we are looking for an Development worker (m/f) as Technical advisor for environmental education for NGO.
JOB-ID : 28063
Field of activity
The Groupe d’Action Francophone pour l’Environnement (GAFE) is a small Haitian non-governmental organization, working in environmental education and local development since 2003, with a strong emphasis on strengthening their local partners : civil society, schools and municipalities. During the last years, educational tools have been developed and applied and GAFE has worked on a cross-sectional approach to environmental subjects.
The development worker shall be provided aiming at a systematization of the methodological approach in environmental education and the development and application of a wider range of educational tools for the civil society as well as for municipal and educational target groups in different parts of Haiti.
In coordination with other GIZ projects and development workers working in the Ministry of Environment as well as municipalities and civil society, the technical assistant has the possibility to create synergies outside of his partner organization, e.g. applying developed environmental education tools.
- Evaluate the experiences and outcomes of the existing tools for environmental education
- Develop complementing, action-oriented tools and methods, modify existing tools and apply them with different target groups
- Contribute to the organizational development of the partner organization
- Organize environmental education events like an annual ’Village Alternatiba’, presenting information and solutions in the fields of climate change and environment
- Facilitate synergies with other GIZ partners and projects
You offer the following qualifications
- Higher education in natural or environmental science
- Experience in participatory environmental education and workshop facilitation with different, basically adult target groups
- Good knowledge of environmental and climate change related problems in developing and their connection to the local level
- Sensitivity for working with target groups in a context of extreme poverty
- Very good verbal and written French language skills
You offer the following competencies
- Experience with gender-sensitive approaches and cross-sectional integration of human rights
- Experience with creative and participatory methods and tools for non-literate adult education
- Knowledge of methods for evaluation of community based small projects and activities
For more information please visit : http://j.mp/GIZ28063