The services delivered by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH draw on a wealth of regional and technical expertise and tried and tested management know-how. As a federal enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. The GIZ dispatches professional experts as development workers, to contribute to the sustainable improvement of living conditions of people in developing and transition countries.
For an assignment as a development worker at Antananarivo in Madagascar we are looking for an experienced person to fill the position as a
Development worker as advisor at the rural electrification agency (ADER) at Madagascar, JOB ID : 23275
Field of activity
The Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) supports with the program "Supplying electricity to drive the country’s development" the Ministry of energy and Hydrocarbons (Ministère de l’Energie et des Hydrocarbures, MEH), the Rural Electrification Agency (Agence de Développement de l’Electrification Rural, ADER) and the Board of Electricity Regulation (Office de Réguilation de l’Electricité, ORE) in the improvement of the overall conditions for the expansion of renewable energy.
More than 80% of the population of Madagascar is without access to electricity. In order to achieve the national policy goal for the expansion of renewable energy, massive investment in the expansion of energy infrastructure is necessary. It is envisaged that public and private sector should bear the costs for these investments. As a rule, private companies buy at an auction a concession for the construction and operation of a renewable energy plant. After 25 years the concession ends and the infrastructure becomes public ownership (BOT / PPP concession model). Usually the concession period is sufficient for a private enterprise to amortize the investment and to make profits. the investment cost are shared between the public and the private enterprise. Ideally, the private enterprise carries 40% of the cost, while 60% are covered by the state. Capacity constraints to guarantee the financing exist on both sides, public as well as private enterprise.
The development worker advises the members of the national electrification fund, which is part of the Rural Electrification Agency (ADER) in the reform of the fund in order to be operational.
- You accompany the reform of the existing fund, i.e. making it independent from ADER
- You assist in the analysis of the interests of the different actors
- You advise in the integration of anti-corruption tools into the fund
- You promote the development of tool for monitoring of financial flows.
- graduate in business management, administration, justice, civil servant or admin employee
- ideally knowledge / experience in fund management
- knowledge / experience in anti-corruption
- good knowledge of French language in word and writing ;
- driving licence & -experience
- team player and strong communication skills
Conditions regarding location
- Place of residence : Antananarivo, capital
- Climate : warm, tropical highland climate with cold season (June, July
- Healthcare : private clinics with excellent standard ; due to elevation marginal Malaria risk
- Supply and shopping facilities : various shopping facilities with European standard ; abundance of restaurants with international menus
- Accessibility : daily flights to Europe ; good road network
- School situation and school fees : different international schools ; reimbursement according to GIZ regulations
- Security : good ; petty crime
We offer you the opportunity to work in an innovative and worldwide operating institution related to development policy. Your competencies and qualifications are demanded on the spot in an interdisciplinary team. The Development Service of GIZ offers a comprehensive service package. It includes a specific technical and personal preparation. Your contract period is at least 24 months with the option of extension.
GIZ’s development service welcomes applicants who have completed a vocational traineeship and/or a university degree, and have at least two years of relevant professional experience. In addition, you must be a citizen of Germany or another European Union country, or of Switzerland.
We are looking forward to your online-application, which you start at www.giz.de/entwicklungsdienst/de mentioning the JOB-ID : 23275 or http://j.mp/GIZ23275. At the end of the job-description you may start the application with click at “Apply online”.
If you have some questions, please, do not hesitate to contact Mrs. Feih,
Telephone No : 0049-(0)228-4460-1096.