The services delivered by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH draw on a wealth of regional and technical expertise and tried and tested management know-how. As a federal enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. The GIZ dispatches professional experts as development workers, to contribute to the sustainable improvement of living conditions of people in developing and transition countries.
For an assignment as a development worker in Ouagadougou at Burkina Faso we are looking for an experienced person to fill the position as
Advisor for Monitoring & Evaluation in Burkina Faso, JOB-ID : 23211
Field of activity
With the programme "Decentralization and muncipal Development" (PDDC) GIZ supports the "Ministère de l’Administration Territoriale et de la Décentralistion" (MATD) of Burkina Faso in the im-plementation of the decentralization policy. In order to improve the service delivery at local level and to straighten out the decentralization efforts the PDDC is working closely with different governmental and civil society organizations at national, regional and local level.
One of the partners is the Permanent Secretariat of the National Decentralization Conference (SP-CONAD). Within the organization, the National center for monitoring & evaluation for decentralization (CNSE) has its task in the collection and analysis of gathered data for reporting and follow-up of the national and regional action plans.
The overall objective of the work of the development worker is to support the coordination of the de-centralization process in the thematic area of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), especially by advising the CNSE in the implementation of the recently established framework for M&E (SNSE).
• You support CNSE in the development and implementation of the framework for national moni-toring & evaluation (SNSE)
• You assist in the development of methods and instruments for data collection, -processing and impact oriented data analysis within the SNSE
• You accompany the contextual adaptation, revision and adjustment of identified and reliable tools for data collection ; upcoming data collection events by regional M&E cells (CRSE) are jointly prepared by you and a system for the transfer of data to the national level is developed
• You contribute to the completion of the data base by identifying key indicators for decentralization and you accompany the revision of the database
• You advise CNSE in the indicator based reporting to the implementation of the decentralization process
• By means of duty trips within the country you advise regional M&E cells (CRSE)
• sound and proven knowledge in monitoring & evaluation of projects, programmes and / or public policy strategies
• solid knowledge in the development, administration and up-keeping of complex data bases, methods of empirical social science
• work experience in the field of decentralization or municipal development
• competent dealing with popular computer programmes
• intercultural and gender sensitivity paired with (high) advisory competence
• good French language skills in word and writing
• knowledge of systemic organizational development is an asset, as well as knowledge of decentralization processes in Africa
• independent and responsible team player with interest in strategic work
Assignment period : 24 months (maximum till 31/12/2017)
Conditions regarding location
• place of residence : Ouagadougou, capital (1.7million inhabitants)
• climate : dry Sahel climate ; rainy season May to October ; maximum temperatures up to 45 de-gree C
• healthcare : private and public clinics with good equipment
• supply and shopping facilities : shopping facilities with international offers
• accessibility : several flights per day to Europe ; good road network
• school situation and school fees : international schools available ; reimbursement according to GIZ regulations
• security : good
Willingness to frequent, several days lasting duty trips within the country is required
We offer you the opportunity to work in an innovative and worldwide operating institution related to development policy. Your competencies and qualifications are demanded on the spot in an interdisciplinary team. The Development Service of GIZ offers a comprehensive service package. It includes a specific technical and personal preparation. Your contract period is at least 24 months with the option of extension.
GIZ’s Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality, the nationality of a member state of the European Union or of Swit
We are looking forward to your online-application, which you start at www.giz.de/entwicklungsdienst/de mentioning the JOB-ID : 23211 or http://j.mp/GIZ23211. At the end of the job-description you may start the application with click at “Apply now”. If you have further questions, please, do not hesitate to contact Mrs. Feih, Telephone No : 0049-(0)228-4460-1096, E-Mail : Petra.Feih@giz.de