As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
With the dispatch of qualified specialists as development workers, GIZ contributes to the sustainable improvement of living conditions of people in developing and transition countries
Job-ID : P1471V017
Location : Mahajanga, Boeny region, Madagascar
Assignment period : 08/01/2018 - 09/30/2020
Field : Governance
Type of employment : full-time
Application deadline : 07/04/2018
The Global Project on Responsible Land Policy is part of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development’s One World – No Hunger special initiative. The objective of the Madagascar country package is : ‘Improved access to land as a fundamental requirement for sustainable utilisation of forest landscapes for the rural population in the Boeny region, especially for women and marginalised groups.’ The objective of the development worker assignment is to train the employees of the surveying, land registry and land use planning authorities in the use of geographic information systems (GIS) as well as to improve their internal organisation and communication skills, thus increasing their customer service and transparency.
- You will strengthen the technical and organisational skills of the employees of the three state services.
- You will support cooperation between the three state services for the purpose of improving customer reception and information services and user satisfaction, and to enable the introduction of a tracking system for applications.
- You will support joint awareness-raising campaigns to promote protection of (grouped) land rights and compliance with the land use provisions.
- You will support clarification of spatial responsibilities and specification of the cooperation modalities between the decentralised state services and the municipal land law offices.
- You will provide advice regarding the introduction of a monitoring system for results and customer satisfaction.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of geographic information systems (GIS)
- Good knowledge of land law and land use planning
- Excellent communication skills and advisory expertise
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation
- At least good French language skills
- Place of residence : Mahajanga (300,000 residents), Boeny region in north-western Madagascar
- Climate : Tropical, humid climate with a rainy season from November to April (1,200 mm precipitation, 22–32°C)
- Health care : Sufficient coverage with general practitioners and specialist doctors, public and private clinics
- Schools and school fees : French school from nursery to intermediate secondary level (further secondary education including boarding school in the capital city) ; school fees reimbursed in accordance with GIZ guidelines
- Security : The security situation requires increased vigilance. Special precautionary measures apply on site for GIZ employees. The specifications of the GIZ security measures must be complied with at all times. However, please always also consult the country-specific information from the German Federal Foreign Office.
GIZ’s Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. If you should not be able to post an application via the system, you are welcome to contact the person indicated at the end of the job description.
We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative and worldwide operating institution related to development policy. Your competencies and qualifications are demanded on the spot in an interdisciplinary team. You advise governmental and civil society organizations at local or municipal level. The Development Service of GIZ offers a comprehensive service package. It includes a specific technical and personal preparation. The basis for the deployment of specialists in the development service is the Entwicklungshelfer-Gesetz.
Kundenportal +49(0)6196 79 3200