For our operations in Rwanda/ Kigali, we are looking for an
Development workers to act as digital ambassadors
JOB-ID : P1475V006
Field of activity
Our #nodigitaldivide initiative aims to provide disadvantaged groups and civil society organisations in Africa with better access to the latest digital technologies and enable them to use these better. The goal is to help more people benefit from the opportunities offered by digitalisation.
In particular, #nodigitaldivide promotes access to the internet in rural areas, digital literacy among women, girls and disadvantaged young people, digital participation by civil society and digital support for civil society processes. To achieve this, it uses digital ambassadors as mediators between the different worlds and digital ecosystems, applying peer-to-peer approaches in order to develop innovative solutions for overcoming the digital divide between urban and rural areas, rich and poor, and men and women, and to encourage efforts to scale these solutions up quickly.
- The role of the digital ambassadors depends on specific local needs.
- You could, for example, be involved in the area of basic digital literacy, in the development of easily accessible digital information channels or in the design of concepts for NGOs that work online to promote democratic participation.
- Work could also focus on the challenge of providing innovative solutions for internet access where there is no broadband or for those who do not own a smartphone with a flat-rate mobile data plan.
- Digital ambassadors often work in a team with complementary skills, and always cooperate closely with local partners, with whom they jointly design and develop the solutions.
- University degree or professional qualification related to digital change (social or political sciences, economics, social work, education, media, ICT, engineering or similar)
- Affinity for digital transformation, combined with initial practical professional experience (possibly through internships completed during your studies) and initial experience in the field of development/international cooperation
- Proven IT/ICT knowledge, as well as experience and understanding of IT developments and IT/ICT projects
- Knowledge of promoting digital literacy and consulting approaches in the field of information and communication technologies
- Interest in cooperation/interface management and process design
- Experience abroad, ideally in Africa and experience in working in intercultural contexts
- Sensitivity towards, or experience with, approaches to gender equality
- Teamwork and networking skills combined with the talent to think conceptually and analytically
- Structured work style with a high degree of self-organisation, flexibility and creativity
- Strong communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Very good knowledge of English and French (depending on location), knowledge of German is an advantage
- Driving licence and driving experience are an advantage
- This position would also be a suitable way to spend a gap year
08/01/2018 - 08/31/2019
If we caught your interest, we are looking forward to your application until 12/31/2018.
For further information : https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=37561