THE ORGANIZATION GERES
Group for the Environment, Renewable Energy and Solidarity - is a French non-profit NGO created in 1976 after the first Oil Shock. Today, more than 150 staffs work on innovative and sustainable development projects in France and in 12 developing countries.
Environmental conservation, climate change mitigation and adaptation, reducing energy poverty, and improving livelihood of the poor are the main focus areas for GERES. The GERES team is particularly involved in the implementation of engineering solutions for development and providing specific technical expertise.
Activities include conducting energy efficiency programs, providing decentralized energy services for local economic development, supporting and developing renewable energies and promoting waste management. These activities are always implemented in partnership with local stakeholders and communities on the basis of collaborative experience sharing.
GERES Central Asia currently works on the following topics :
Introduction of bioclimatic solutions through passive solar energy and energy efficiency techniques for domestic housing and public buildings.
Income generating activities development in agriculture (counter-season greenhouse cultivation, crop selling staggering with small scale storage)
Innovative technical solution development (heating stove, cooking stove…)
Since 2010, GERES has supported vegetables sector in Mongolia, relying on affordable and locally adapted production and preservation technologies. Beyond the earlier GERES implements nowadays also a comprehensive program based on organic and farm-to-fork approaches which scope the whole vegetables value chain and it’s enabling environment in Arkhangai and in Khentii. GERES is leading the global CEMAATERR Program (4 countries in total), the Mongolian component started in Arkhangai province on spring 2017, aims at raising awareness and providing support to local actors taking into account climate changes and their effects when establishing their local development plans.
In terms of energy efficiency (EE) in housing to address climate and pollution challenges faced by Ulaanbaatar peripheral districts population, GERES is starting the implementation of EU Switch Asia II-funded project, the “Promoting Sustainable Consumption and Production Strengthening” project, in partnership with four implementing parties. This project has started in January 2018, for 4 years and with a total budget around 2.3 million euros.
By limiting fossil fuel consumption through improving the energy efficiency of low-cost individual houses in the Ger areas of UB, the project will complement existing projects aimed at reducing air pollution in the city, thus contributing to the reduction of respiratory infections, limiting the burden posed to Household by excessive fuel consumption and mitigating climate change. A market-based approach will strengthen local private sector. Based on a conservative improved EE of 20%, it is estimated that over the course of the action, 1.000 EE houses will be built or retrofitted, saving 1.600 mT of coal and avoiding the emission of 6.000 TeqCO², generating 5 M € turnover for MSMEs. After 10 years, the project at scale could see 50.000 EE houses built of retrofitted, 140.000mT of coal saved and 500.000 TeqCO² emission reductions
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
Finance Coordinator will be in charge of the activities of management and supervision of the work of Finance Officers, build business cases to access financing for Households and MSMEs, and liaise with financing agents.
Under supervision of the Country Director/SWITCH EU Project Manager, in coordination with project partners, experts and with the support of GERES SWITCH EU Finance Officers, SWITCH EU Finance Coordinator will be responsible the following activities :
- Economic and Finance base line
- Mapping of Finance products and subsidies
- Coordination of the Design the Finance intermediation services
- Conducted and dissemination of business cases for retrofit and sustainable buildings
- Supervise the provision of Finance intermediation services for target groups to access relevant credits or subsidies
- Monitoring of the project’s results indicators
SWITCH EU Finance Coordinator will contribute the following activities :
- Technical solutions for retrofit/new buildings meet economic feasibility of target groups
- Coordination support Building business cases for MSMEs to be supported
- Support Technical, marketing and management training of selected MSMEs
- Support Community engagement for solution selection
- Support energy efficient solutions and practices disseminations
- Support Feasibility study to access Climate Finance (GCF, CF, GEF…) for project scale-up
- Support Development and dissemination of a comprehensive package of tools for replication and scale-up
- Support Mid-term Review and Final Evaluation
Education & Training
- Master’s degree in Management and business administration or Finance
- specialization in microfinance is an asset
- At least 1 year in the private sector developing business and Finance products
- Knowledge and experience in the Finance sector is asset
- Experience of research and development business cases and related good practice
- Experience on management a team
- Experience in microfinance is an asset
- Experience in Green Building or Energy Efficiency related markets is an asset
- Appreciated : experience in the development sector or working with vulnerable population
- Diplomatic and teaching aptitudes
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to establish contact with people from different background and cultures
- Communication and persuasion skills, capacity to dialogue and collaborate with different stakeholders
- Field work disposition, knowledge of UB Gers areas living conditions
- Precision in work, follow-up and report writing ;
- Organization and attention to detail especially meeting deadlines
- Professional English, with excellent writing qualities
- Proficient in working with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Driving licence-B type, experience of off road driving an advantage
- Committed to GERES’ values and mission.
- Committed to ongoing learning
- Responsible and willing to engage in discussion, open and communicative
- Dynamic and results oriented, able to prioritize
- Patient, resilient and stress resistant
- Polite and respectful of others, shows integrity and honesty
- Flexible, willing to adapt and take on new ideas
- Social and outgoing, collaborative in approach
- Able to lead a team as well as work individually
CONDITIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL VOLUNTEERS
- Availability to attend the departure training session in La Guilde du Raid (Paris – France) from 09th to 12th of April 2018
- Duration • 12 months, renewable
- Duty station • Ulaanbaatar with regular field trips to Gers areas
- Volunteer allowance • 850 Euros
- Expatriation allowance • 300 euros
- Annual leave • 26 days annual paid leave
- Other benefits • Annual round-trip ticket (beginning and end of mission) + 1 round trip ticket for personal use
- Retirement insurance
- Repatriation insurance
- Health insurance
These conditions only applies for International volunteer status.
- To apply, register your candidacy (CV + LM) on the following web page : http://job.geres.eu/?action=ref&id=47
- Or go directly on our website www.GERES.eu, within page About us / Recruitment