VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
The role involves working closely with and supporting one or more civil society organization (CSO) and media organization as they develop gender inclusive policies and practices, and supporting their initiatives to further gender equity and programming.
Skills, qualifications and experience
1. Demonstrated success in engaging with and mobilizing communities related to social accountability and development
2. Ability to work both as team member and independently.
3. Proven ability to create and maintain effective working relationships with high level stakeholders
4. Experience in capacity strengthening. Training and advisory work
5. Experience of Monitoring and evaluation, particularly of advocacy projects
6. Awareness and sensitivity of political/socio-cultural context of Myanmar and wider South East Asian region