VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
The purpose of this placement is to ensure that national civil society networks and sub-national networks, in eight provinces, have enhanced organisational & knowledge management capacity. One will do so by better improving both defined organisational structures and technical know-how and successfully managing and coordinating network activities, which then inhibits effective collaboration. It is also to increase conceptual understanding of the gains possible from working through networks to increase impact that joint advocacy can achieve for citizens as opposed to the impact that a single organisation can achieve working in isolation. Using a unified voice rather than a sporadic interaction with national networks, we will gain the right attention nationally to influence policy decisions and improve the way knowledge is captured, accessed and managed across all networks.
Skills, qualifications and experience
Essential Work Experience/skills :
- Extensive experience in knowledge management by working with NGO networks or sub-national CSO in governance and social accountability sectors ;
- Experience in developing and designing knowledge management tools/guideline for CSOs at national and sub-national level ;
- Strong knowledge in research, capacity building and ICT skills ;
- Experience leading group of dynamic in multi-sector settings ;
- Experience in Cambodia or candidate from the diaspora will be a plus ;
- At least several years of experiences in development sector, post graduate degree is a plus ;
- Applicants may be required to take a VSO language test as part of the selection process ; and
- Excellent inter-personal and team building skills.
- Experience in gender at national and sub-national level
- Experience working with NGO and sub-national government
- Strategic and analytical skills
- Report writing skills