VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
This is an exciting placement to work with current partners to strengthen the capacity of education planning and management, monitoring and evaluation and to address inequity at provincial level.
This placement is part of a wider project intended to enhance learning outcomes for children in Cambodia by improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the education sector. This will be achieved by strengthening the planning, coordination, and management capacity of provincial and district offices of education and improving their capacity to implement and oversee education policy.
VSO Cambodia places ten Education Management Advisers in ten provinces and facilitates and encourages regular communication and meetings between them. This project is managed by UNICEF and is run in conjunction with the Ministry of Education Youth and Sport (MoEYS). Education Management Advisers will be supported in translation and logistics by local full-time Volunteer Assistants employed by VSO Cambodia.
Skills, qualifications and experience required
Essential work experience/skills :
• At least 4 years of experience in the field of education management, leadership and planning
• Experience with analysing data and building budgets
• Excellent interpersonal, mentoring, facilitation and communication skills
• Able to present information in a clear and concise manner
• Verbal and written fluency in English
• Computer literacy
• Resilience, flexibility, adaptability, culturally sensitive and as sense of humour when faced with problems, obstacles and frustrating circumstances
• Professional qualifications in education management, leadership or administration
• Qualified teacher with recognised third level degree in education
• Experience of working in central or local government in a education context
• Pervious volunteer experience and commitment to capacity development
• Proficiency in IT – use of Word and Excel and Power Point
• Good report writing skills and an ability to collate and use data in reports
Strong in all selection dimensions, especially :
• Positive and realistic commitment
• Flexibility and adaptability
• Sensitivity to the needs of others
• Working with others
This position is open to international volunteers available and willing to work in Cambodia for the length of this placement.
How to apply
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description to read more details about the position and the skills and experience we’re looking for. To submit your application, click on ‘Apply now’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Application closing date
31 Mar 2016