You wouldn’t work in education if you weren’t serious about making a real difference to people’s lives.
Have you considered sharing your skills and experiences in some of the world’s poorest communities ?
As a VSO volunteer, you’ll be building new relationships with local partners and education professionals. You’ll immerse yourself in a new culture and develop your teaching expertise whilst doing something truly fulfilling.
“Working together makes you feel like you’re part of achieving something very worthwhile, very purposeful that will have a long-lasting effect here. This experience is life-changing. You feel like you’re part of something good.” - Kate Evans, VSO education volunteer in Papua New Guinea
You’ll work alongside colleagues in the Curriculum Development and Assessment Division (CDAD) within PNG’s Department of Education. To improve reading and writing standards in elementary / primary education. Following a decade-long programme to re-write the entire syllabus, CDAD is seeking support with the writing process to enable the production of high-quality materials.
To support this project, VSO is seeking to recruit an experienced education professional with experience in developing education literature and materials. In this important role, you will support the writing and editing process at CDAD by increasing the relevance, quality and number of materials sent to schools. You will work with colleagues at all stages of the writing process, helping to improve their skills and competencies.
Skills, qualifications and experience required
- Degree in Education, preferably B.Ed./BA for Education, or a field related to language and communication
- At least 3 years’ experience editing and proof reading English language texts in education publishing
- Production project management and IT skills are essential
- Excellent English language skills, especially reading and writing skills
- Experience training others, particularly in skills such as proof reading, effective writing and editorial work.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the confidence to create positive relationships in diverse working environments.
- The ability to drive is useful.
Interviews will be conducted in a rolling basis.
How to apply
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description to read more details about the position and the skills and experience we’re looking for. To submit your application, click on ‘Apply now’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Application closing date
31 May 2016