The Association for Development Cooperation (AGEH e.V.) is the personnel service of the German Catholics for Development Cooperation. In the Civil Peace Service (CPS) we offer development workers a meaningful role working with local development agents. The CPS is the programme for peace-building and the prevention of violence in crisis and conflict regions. It sets out to promote a world in which conflicts are settled without violence. Development workers with the CPS support local partner organisations in all phases of conflicts : conflict prevention, violence mitigation and post-conflict rehabilitation. Working with church-related and civil-social partners in the African Great Lakes region, AGEH aims to play a part in civil conflict management through the CPS’ peace-building measures.
Organisational developer (m/f), CEJP, Bujumbura, Burundi #3241
Your new role
The CEJP (Episcopal Commission for Justice and Peace) is a commission of the Confer-ence of Bishops of Burundi. Its aim is to promote justice and peace within Christian social teaching, and it contributes to a consolidation of peace nationwide. The work of the CEJP focuses on supporting and strengthening the capacities of the Burundi dioceses and the diocesan Justice and Peace structures in the fields of peace, democratization, conflict transformation and reconciliation. The place of residence and work Bujumbura offers good living conditions and the location close to Lake Tanganyika offers attractive leisure activities.
The CEJP has developed a broad portfolio of activities with which it dedicates itself to the cause of respecting human rights and reconciliation. By introducing a professionalised project management system, it aims to advance in the fields of planning, monitoring and evaluation, in order to simplify the acquisition of funds for peace-building work.
Specifically, this includes the following tasks :
- You will provide support in the optimisation of administrative processes and advise the CEJP team on professionalising its programme and project management systems.
- Together, you will develop conceptual fundraising strategies and instruments, and provide support to employees in continued training on relevant fundraising activities.
- You will support the team in developing new project applications.
- Working with the team, you will play a part in the continuation of lobbying and advo-cacy activities.
Your profile :
- You have completed a university degree relevant to the field of development coopera-tion (political sciences, social sciences, social education, social work) and have ac-quired at least two years of professional experience, ideally outside of Europe.
- You have sound knowledge of organisational development as well as programme and project management.
- You have already successfully carried out training measures and consulting tasks.
- You are diplomatic and have strong intercultural communication skills, to enable you to deal with the relevant players in a manner based on mutual partnership, and you can act appropriately in a church context.
- You are a member of a Christian church and enjoy working within church structures.
- You speak very good French and at least good English. You are an EU or Swiss citizen.
We look forward to receiving your detailed application.
Please send this to us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating the reference number 3241 by 30.07.17.
AGEH offers you :
- Individual and thorough preparation
- Three-year contract, social security and remuneration in accordance with the German Development Aid Workers Act (Entwicklungshelfergesetz)
- Cultural, language or other professional training, as well as coaching and super-vision, individual advice
- Work within the AGEH e.V. work model