VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
This is an exciting placement to work with current partners to strengthen the capacity of education planning and management, monitoring and evaluation and to address inequity at provincial level.
VSO Cambodia is sourcing ten volunteers to work in ten provinces in Cambodia for a project which is has matched funding from EU, SIDA and UNICEF. This project is part of the Capacity Development Partnership Fund (CDPF), managed by UNICEF, to support implementation of MoEYS’ Capacity Development Plan. There will be an approach that the education management advisers in each province will work as a team at national level with other education volunteers in their province to build the management and leadership capacity of the target PoE’s.
Skills, qualifications and experience required
Essential qualifications :
• Qualified teacher with recognised third level degree in education
• Professional qualifications or experience in education management, leadership or administration
Essential work experience/skills :
• At least 4 years of experience in the field of education management, leadership and planning, including working with Ministries and local authorities Experience with analysing data and building budgets
• Excellent interpersonal, mentoring, facilitation and communication skills
• Able to present information in a clear and concise manner
• Verbal and written fluency in English
• Computer literacy
• Resilience, flexibility, adaptability, culturally sensitive and as sense of humour when faced with problems, obstacles and frustrating circumstances
• Experience of working in central or local government in a education context
• Pervious volunteer experience and commitment to capacity development
• Proficiency in IT – use of Word and Excel and Power Point
• Good report writing skills and an ability to collate and use data in reports
Strong in all selection dimensions, especially :
• Positive and realistic commitment
• Flexibility and adaptability
• Sensitivity to the needs of others
• Working with others
This position is open to international volunteers available and willing to work in Cambodia for the length of this placement.
How to apply
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description to read more details about the position and the skills and experience we’re looking for. To submit your application, click on ‘Apply now’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Application closing date : 31 Mar 2016
Interview/Assessment date(s) : On-going
Start date : As soon as possible