Group for the Environment, Renewable Energy and Solidarity - is a French non-profit NGO created in 1976 after the first Oil Shock. Today, more than 200 staffs work on innovative and sustainable development projects in France and in 12 developing countries.
Environmental conservation, climate change mitigation and adaptation, reducing energy poverty, and improving livelihood of the poor are the main focus areas for GERES. The GERES team is particularly involved in the implementation of engineering solutions for development and providing specific technical expertise.
Activities include conducting energy efficiency programs, providing decentralized energy services for local economic development, supporting and developing renewable energies and promoting waste management. These activities are always implemented in partnership with local stakeholders and communities on the basis of collaborative experience sharing.
The aim of this project is to support the emergence and empowerment of two local inter-professional associations engaged in the production and distribution of improved stoves and sustainable biomass fuels in Cambodia. It seeks to increase the resources and in-house capacities of these local stakeholders, stimulate market demand and move the regulatory framework forward, with a view to rolling out sustainable energy solutions and ensuring the continuity of the biomass-energy supply chain for domestic cooking.
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
Under the responsibility of the Sector Leader – Energy and Economic Development, SEFED Program Manager is responsible for the following tasks :
1. General management of the project :
- Review and develop the roll-out of the activities for 2017-2019 according to the project’s objectives, while ensuring the involvement of the project team ;
- Manage the operational team and together with them, set up a work plan to realize all planned activities ;
- Anticipate and update financial needs for the planned activities and assist the field team in the execution of the budget allocated to field activities ;
- Provide technical and methodological support to the team with the support of technical specialist from GERES and external experts ;
- Manage internal and external consultancies on the project ;
- Share experience with international and national organizations involved in other related projects ;
- Foster integration of project results into national policies and strategies.
2. Compliance with donors expectations
- Ensure timely report to donors ;
- Contribute to the preparation of financial reports with the support of the regional financial manager ;
- Facilitate communication and visibility actions related to the field implementation of the project according to donor requirements (pictures, testimonies, field visits...) ;
- When relevant, and upon request from the Sector Leader, represent the project towards institutional partners and donors.
3. Monitoring and Evaluation
- Sets-up rigorous monitoring of beneficiaries and activities ;
- Monitor achievements of field activities, check quality, take corrective actions when needed, ensure deadlines are met and results are achieved following the plan ;
- Coordinate the valorization and dissemination of new expertise and lessons learnt from field activities and ensure knowledge management process.
4. Supporting the development of GERES’s activities in Cambodia
Provide ad-hoc support to the Sector Leader in his development tasks, meaning :
- Share relevant opportunities as they come-up, such as, but not limited to partnerships, funding and project calls related to energy and economic development sector ;
- Discuss and provide feedback on new identified opportunities in terms of new activities ;
- Improved visibility, partnerships, learning opportunities and funding towards the aforementioned goals.
- Education & Training Master degree in business administration, development economics, environment economics or any relevant field.
- Degree in Energy, climate and environment or management of natural resources an asset.
- Experience Minimum 3 years’ experience in development projects and consultancies related to local economic development, preferably related to energy access or energy efficiency.
- Skills Fluency in English mandatory, knowledge of Khmer language a strong asset
- Sound knowledge of office softwar
- Experienced in Project Cycle Management
- Experience in Energy or Environment field an asset
- Responsible, hardworking and committed to results
- Curious, willing to learn and develop in their field of expertise
- Networking and representation capacities
- Proactive and strategic thinking, influencing and leading
- Diplomacy, patience, persistence and empathy
- Team player with capacity to work in a multicultural environment
- Honesty/integrity, fair and consistent
- Flexible, open to new ideas
- Open-minded and communicative, polite and respectful of others
- Stress tolerance
Register you candidacy (CV + CL) on the following web page : http://job.geres.eu/?action=ref&id=19 or visit our GERES website (www.geres.eu), page About Us / Recruitment, select the appropriate job offer and apply on line.