For our operations in Democratic Republic of the Congo/Kinshasa, we are looking for an
Short-term development worker as advisor to the Regional Training Centre for Inland Navigation (CRFNI) in Kinshasa
JOB-ID : P1472V001
Field of activity
GIZ set up the project ‘Transboundary water management in the Congo Basin’ (GETRACO) in 2007 to help the International Commission of the Congo-Oubangui-Sangha Basin (CICOS) regulate inland shipping and manage the region’s transboundary water resources. The project’s objective is to help the commission’s six member states implement the agreement on the regulation of inland shipping and manage transboundary water resources.
The project supports the efforts of CICOS to upgrade a regional inland navigation training centre, the Centre Régional de Formation en Navigation Intérieure (CRFNI), which offers training for captains, crews and mechanics. It is closely involved in the current programme of restructuring at the centre and in a review of training methods.
One of the objectives of these reforms is to integrate the private sector more effectively into the training process and to ensure that the courses offered by the CRFNI meet the needs of shipping firms.
- You will help the director redesign the centre’s training activities, develop new courses and teaching methods, and incorporate practical aspects of training.
- You will also assist the director in attracting greater private sector involvement in the delivery of training programmes (based on a dual vocational training system).
- You will advise on the introduction and implementation of more advanced training courses in the area of inland navigation.
- You will also advise on ways of improving gender equality at the training centre, in particular with regard to the difficulties faced by female employees and trainees while on board.
- In addition, you will help the director restructure and manage the training centre and devise a sustainable funding model.
- University degree or equivalent in educational management, political science, economics or a similar subject (at least to bachelor’s/Bac+3 level)
- Knowledge or experience in the field of adult education
- Knowledge or experience of (inland) shipping/navigation, preferably in developing countries
- Knowledge or experience in the field of project management, experience of managing a business or association
- Good spoken and written French
- Teaching skills
- Experience of working in (Central) Africa
- Good spoken and written German
1 April 2018 - 30 June 2019
If we caught your interest, we are looking forward to your application 20.05.2018 : firstname.lastname@example.org