- Department : School Administration
- Work Location : Port-au-Prince, Haiti
- Contract : 12 months initially with an option to extend afterwards
- Hours : Monday-Friday, 7am-4pm, occasional extra hours due to project-based workload
- Compensation : Accommodation, lunches provided at the workplace, work computer, work phone
Institution Mixte de l’Avenir [IMA] is a well-established community school located in one of the most populated and deprived areas of Port-au-Prince, Haiti. The founder, Natacha Marseille’s vision, is to provide quality education to local community children, to help empower them with knowledge and economic understanding and to build more prosperous future for them and their families. Founded in 2004, IMA has built itself a reputation as an organisation delivering high-quality education and day care to 1 to 15-year-old children in the Carrefour Feuilles quarter. Nowadays, IMA counts 230 children and 36 members of staff.
The Sponsorship Coordinator is a brand new position which has arisen because IMA is heavily dependent on external sponsorships from international and Haitian partners. IMA has planned multiple operational and academic projects but has unfortunately not been able to start these because of money restraints and lack of partners.
The Sponsorship Coordinator will be responsible for crafting and managing these projects from start to end, effectively communicating IMA’s mission and values to all potential, new and existing partners, organizing PR events and keeping a close eye on all project admin aspects.
We are looking for a dynamic professional who will bring not only the experience in writing proposals and agreements, leading projects and communicating effectively with international partners, but also whose hands-on approach will lead IMA towards new fruitful partnerships which will help us deliver a high standard education in an improved learning environment for both, 230 children currently studying at IMA and the whole community surrounding the school.
This is an opportunity for a confident individual, who is willing to move to a poor but developing country, and whose open mind and dedication will help IMA grow its portfolio. In return, the successful candidate will witness immediate and rewarding impact of his/her hard work applied in practice.
- Create in-depth and personalised letters of interest and project proposals for partners you are addressing
- Work with prospect partners and sponsors to produce extensive institutional and/or private partner profiles
- Generate proposals, budgets, reports, and other ancillary materials for IMA’s priority projects
- Carry out all the relevant national and international research for prospect partners
- Develop and maintain warm strategic relationships with relevant Haitian and other foreign government bodies to acquire their backing and/or recommendation
- Prioritize and evaluate prospects for corporate, foundation, and government grants
- Develop and prioritise projects and proposals by meeting and working closely with the management of IMA to elicit projects that need support
- Manage monthly administration meetings to evaluate projects and set priorities for funding
- Develop and foster relationships with institutional funders - create personal connections with staff, board, trustees, volunteers, donors and anybody else involved
- Engage personally with the decision-makers involved and where and if necessary, arrange for and organise partner visits at IMA in Haiti
- Manage existing grants by tracking, developing internal reporting systems, reporting, maintaining excellent historical records, working with staff to ensure each project or program is meeting proposal conditions and expectations
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested
- Be the official representative of IMA to the external world
- Proactively look for PR opportunities to make IMA more prominent in the public eye
- Align the IMA social media calendar with all the sponsorship activities, utilize social media as one of your main communication channels
- Report regularly to the board of directors of IMA
- Report and communicate the project progress update to the partners on a regular basis
Essential Requirements for the Job
- Proficiency in English and French both in writing and verbally
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Previous experience in project management, marketing, PR or similar
- Familiarity with fundraising information sources
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies
- Excellent computer skills with all Microsoft Office programs
- Experience with managing social media accounts on Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research
- Experience with budget development and monitoring
- Pragmatic approach, analytical thinking, resilience
- Well organized with attention to detail
- Willingness to work and live in a 3rd world country and to stay in Haiti for a minimum of 12 months
- Presentable public speaker and organiser of events and campaigns
Desired Requirements for the Job
- Knowledge of at least one other world language will be considered a huge plus
- Knowledge of writing contracts and agreements
- Proven track record of raising money from private sector, foundations or government sources
- Proven track record with grant writing and management
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors
- Previous experience with non-profit fundraising
- General knowledge and interest in world politics and cultural open-mindedness
- Analytical thinking and capacity to resolve, understand and explain complex problems
- Ability to present clearly and comprehensively verbally and in writing communication
- Ability to work autonomously with emphasis on excellent results
- Ability to be a valuable team player and where necessary, a leader
- A positive can-do attitude is a must
You can find more information about the school on www.facebook.com/imahaiti or on Google+.
Please send us your CV (French or English) and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
We’ll contact you back quickly to request a chat over Skype. We look forward to hearing from you.