VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
- setup the mobile lab at the school and assist with the intended educational programme for which the mobile lab has been reserved.
- provide training for school teachers in the implementation of solar powered mobile Lab and other digital technologies ;
- coordinate the running of school and cluster based learning centers
Skills, qualifications and experience
A minimum of Bachelor Degree in Computer or ICT or other related fields with hands on experience in technology and education areas ;
- Experience in training primary school teachers and knowledge and skills in Active learning methodologies,
- Experience in developing and implementing projects in ICT and education ;
VSO E is going to pilot a project to provide rural schools with access to quality
education services through the use of technology. The projects uses solar projector, tablet and mobile computer technology to improve core competencies of reading, writing and numeracy for first cycle primary school children. This is an exciting initiative that will among other things provide real time data to teachers and school administrators on learners progress. This is therefore provides new and different opportunities that educators need to respond to the use of technology. Therefore the project is looking for an education advisor who will be able to train and support the teachers and supervisors to be able to respond to these challenges and to mainstream this new approach into their teaching as well as the overall school activities.