VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
The purpose of this placement is to build the institutional and individual capacity of International Organisation for Migration, disaster management and development staff, PNG National Disaster Centre staff and relevant Provincial Administration with regards to water, sanitation and hyiene good practices. The volunteer will report into the Emergencies and Disaster Management Coordinator in IOM.
Four volunteer advisers will support the National Disaster Centre and the International Organization for Migration in the delivery of the Disaster Management and Development programme.
Skills, qualifications and experience
- Post graduate degree in water engineering, public health, environmental studies, social sciences or another relevant discipline ;
- At least five years’ experience in WASH, disaster risk reduction, emergency and/or post crisis programming ;
- Proven experience in WASH activities and development issues ;
- Excellent project management skills including planning, implementation and reporting :
- Highly-developed interpersonal skills ;
- Demonstrated experience in providing on-the-job or classroom based training, coaching and mentoring ;
- Highly developed time management, resource management and report-writing skills
- Language : Full working knowledge of English, including excellent drafting and presentation skills.